Saturday, October 19, 2013

' How Unprotected $-exual Intercourse As A teenager made Me Infertile ': 21-Year-Old Bride-To-Be wants others to learn



Jodie Watson, from Hartlepool, caught chlamydia five years ago but only recently did she learn that the condition damaged her fallopian tubes, rendering her infertile.
The 21-year-old lady was undergoing exploratory tests in hospital to discover why she and her fiancé, James Jackson, 30 have been struggling to conceive an infant when she was presented with the devastating news that she was infertile because she had unprotected se-x with one partner as a teenager.
She decided to tell her story in the hope that it can help other teenagers to make wise choices and prevent them from making same mistake.
Continue
.She said: "I was young and I made one foolish mistake that I will pay for forever. That single mistake will haunt me for the rest of my entire life and I want other young women to understand that whenever they have unprotected se-x they are dicing making use of their future and their fertility. My dreams have already been destroyed due to a thing that happened five years ago but I want to speak about it to avoid it happening to anyone else."
Ms Watson thought she was being sensible when she protected herself against pregnancy before sleeping with a partner when she was 16. But after choosing an STI test she was told she had contracted chlamydia. She was treated with antibiotics and thought it had been over, unaware that the damage had already been done.
When she struggled to conceive tests revealed her fallopian tubes were irreversibly damaged and one mistake is currently affecting her future dreams of motherhood. Her only hope of a family lies in IVF but as her fiance already has a daughter with an ex-partner, the couple do not qualify for treatment on the NHS.
Ms Watson therefore, really wants to raise awareness about the dangers of unprotected s-ex as she says she regrets her decision each day and doesn't want other teenagers to really make the same mistake

Ms Watson said:
 "Each and every day I regret your decision I made as a teen but I know you will find likely hundreds of other teenagers doing exactly the same and I want to save them this heartbreak. In the meantime I will do what I can to simply help other women by raising awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook