Saturday, May 3, 2014

Abuja is under siege — Retired Army generals

There are indications that the Boko Haram attack on the Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, on Thursday might not be last of the deadly onslaughts on the seat of the Federal Government.
Barely three weeks after the  sect carried out a car bomb attack on a motor park in Nyanya, a suburb of Abuja, killing over 75 persons, the sect attacked the same vicinity again with another car bomb, which claimed about 30 lives on Thursday evening.
Some retired Army generals and former senior security operatives, who spoke to SUNDAY PUNCH on Friday, said Abuja was under siege and urged security agents to rise up to the challenge and stop the sect from overrunning the FCT.

Another Presidential Media Chat set to hold tomorrow, Sunday May,4th

Another Presidential media chat will hold tomorrow May 4th...starring President Jonathan and some handpicked journalists.  Based on a media statement by presidential Spokesperson, Reuben Abati, the Presidential chat will start by 7pm and will soon be aired survive the network services of the NTA, the Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria and the Voice of Nigeria.
"During the programme, President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will respond to questions from a panel of journalists and media executives on current national issues and developments. Members of the public who have particular issues they will like President Jonathan to address are also invited to send their questions via twitter to @mediachatng1. President Jonathan will respond to the most significant questions received before or during the programme,” the statement read in part...

SSS Prevents Lamido Sanusi From Traveling Abroad, Seizes His Passport

SSS, Sanusi Lamido Sanusi,Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport,Kano,Central Bank of Nigeria
The State Security Service (SSS) has prevented the former governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria, Mr. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi, from traveling abroad. Mr. Sanusi was stopped at Mallam Aminu Kano International Airport, in Kano, on his way to France for an onward journey to Mecca for the lesser Hajj.

How Borno Governor caused kidnap of Chibok schoolgirls – WAEC

“The Borno state government also refused to relocate the students from Chibok to safer places like Maiduguri.”
The kidnap of over 250 schoolgirls in Chibok may not have occurred if the Borno State Government had heeded the advice of an examination body, fresh facts have emerged.
Aware of the poor security situation in Borno and worried about the safety of students, the West African Examination Council, WAEC, declined to conduct its Senior School Certificate Examination in unsafe parts of Borno, including Chibok.

Horrible: How The Second Bomb Blast Happened In Nyanya – NEMA

The second bomb blast in three weeks happened in Nyanya district of Abuja on Thursday night, May 1, 2014 50 metres from where a fatal blast went off on April 14, 2014.

The Director General of the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA), Sanni Sidi has explained the circumstances that led to yesterday’s explosion.

Sidi said during a meeting with journalists at the Asokoro General Hospital that the blast occurred after a parked car exploded.

Video: Footage at the Scene of New Nyanya Bomb Blast

According to the Punch reports, "Abuja, another explosion claimed about 30 lives on Thursday evening."

 Also, another eyewitness who is on ground, said that, "70 people have been confirmed dead so far.."

Eyewitnesses told the reporters that 25 bodies were taken to the Maitama District Hospital, Asokoro, four corpses were dropped at the National Hospital while one body was taken to an unidentified hospital in Nyanya. Scores of injured people were also evacuated by ambulances to different hospitals for treatment. Emmanuel Ezekiel, said that 10 bodies had been deposited in the mortuary while 13 unconscious persons were receiving treatment in different hospitals.

Video: Runs-Girls turn Police car to Str*ppers Pole, spotted Dancing round it

Tragedy: Naval Official loses kids to Fire while turning Wife to a punching bag

A naval officer’s two children died in a fire he started accidentally while allegedly beating his wife in Lagos on Friday. The incident, according to Punch, took place at the Nigerian Navy Town, Ojo.

According to a hospital official, who pleaded anonymity because she was not authorized to speak on the issue, the deceased children, Emmanuela and Michael, were aged 18 months old and five years old.
She said:
When the children were brought in here, their father, who also sustained some burn
injuries, said they were electrocuted but that turned out to be a lie because when the wife later came, she narrated what actually happened,”

Ex-military Governor of Delta State kicked the bucket @ 64

A former military Governor of Delta state, Retired Col. John David Dungs has died. He died yesterday while being rushed to a healthcare facility after he slumped at his residence in Rayfield, Jos.  His death is considered very devastating to his family as he just lost his own father, Chief Dung Jok only a week ago and his body was still in the mortuary.  Late Rtd. Col. Dung was the Military Governor of Delta state from August 1996 until August 1998 during the military regime of General Sani Abacha. May his soul rest in peace.

US Consulate General Say Terrorists Plan Attack In Lagos

According to the information provided by the US Consulate General in Lagos, "groups associated with terrorism allegedly planned to mount an unspecified attack against the Sheraton Hotel in Nigeria, near the city of Lagos".

There are 2 Sheraton Hotels in Lagos, but the officials said they didn't have any further data about which of them could become a target (or both) and when exactly.  The diplomats urged US citizens to avoid staying in these hotels.  Deadly Boko Haram sect, which mostly launched attacks in the North of Nigeria, has carried out two dire bombings in the country capital within last month.  This raised fears that insurgents might have changed their tactics and that terrorism might also spread to other parts of the country.

Abject Poverty: 29-year-old person eliminates his own daughter over one plate if rice in Rivers state.

In accordance with a written report by Tribune, a 29-year-old person called Kingsley Ekerete (pictured above), has been arrested for killing his own 7 year old daughter over a dish of boiled rice in Obimama, Oyigbo LGA of Rivers state.

Kingsley, a commercial driver who hails from Nto Osung community in Ikot Ekpene Local Area of Akwa Ibom State, holds just a First Leaving Certificate and has to drive his bus daily through the bustling traffic of Port Harcourt to make ends meet and put food on the table for his young family.

Uncompleted 2-storey Building collapse in Ibadan, one feared dead

An uncompleted 2-storey building collapsed yesterday at Ologuneru in Ido LGA of Ibadan city with one feared dead. Based on those that were working at the site, they head a deafening noise at about 2pm, which made them run out for for safety but unfortunately, the tipper driver who supplies sand to the construction site didn't run fast enough and got trapped in the building as it collapsed.

Tambuwal will regret all his life if he dumps PDP –Ebenezer Babatope

Chief Ebenezer Babatope, a former aviation minister under the regime of the late General Sanni Abacha, is a member of the Board of Trustees of the ruling PDP. He talks on sundry issues in this interview with TUNDE ODESOLA


Nyanya, Abuja bomb blast: Hospitals reject victims

Punch Nigeria
The series of explosions that rocked the Federal Capital Territory in the last two weeks appear to have taken toll on its health facilities as some of the hospitals in the territory  rejected victims of  Thursday’s  bomb blast at Nyanya, a satellite community within the FCT, which left 30 people dead and many others injured. 
The blast, which was believed to be a suicide attack, occurred around 8:45pm when a bomb-laden car exploded at the Karshi Taxi Park, a few metres from where the April 14, 2014 explosion took place.

The tragic May Day blast was the second in the nation’s capital in 17 days. The first one, which occurred on April 14, killed 75 people while hundreds were injured and admitted in various hospitals in Abuja. The explosion rocked the Nyanya Motor Park.

Outcome of Pres. Jonathan's security council meeting.

The 7 hour extraordinary meeting President Jonathan ordered with the Service Chiefs has ended in the state house. Briefing newsmen after the meeting, the Minister of Information, Labaran Maku said the meeting was dedicated to the missing Chibok girls and yesterday's bomb blast.

According to Maku, President Jonathan, while addressing the issue of the missing schoolgirls, said "wherever the girls are in the world, we will get them back, apprehend and punish the culprits."  
"On the unfortunate kidnap of the Chibok girls, the security chiefs briefed the meeting on efforts so far made to locate and rescue the girls, and bring the perpetrators to justice. Extensive and intensive aerial surveillance by the Air Force has been carried out in all the routes leading into and out of Chibok up to the Chad and Cameroun borders. Other parts of Borno and Adamawa states are also under the searchlight. Every information relayed to security agencies has so far been investigated, including the search of all places suspected as a possible hide-away of the kidnapped girls", Maku said. .......

PhotoNews: See more photos from Mayday's Nyanya blast

 See more photo bellow.


Please Like Us On facebook