Monday, November 5, 2012

Nigeria Floods Kill 363 People, Displace 2.1 million: Agency.

Nigeria's worst flooding in at least half a century has killed 363 people since the start of July and displaced 2.1 million people, an emergency agency said on Monday.

Nigeria often suffers seasonal flash floods after heavy tropical rain, but the sheer scale of the devastation this year has shocked people and images of towns and cities under water have filled TV screens.

President Goodluck Jonathan last month called the flooding, which has submerged parts of the south, a "national disaster" but said it would not trigger a food crisis.

20 Die Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker.

Tragedy struck at the weekend at Umuokpo in Amairinabuo Community of Obingwa Local Government Area of Abia State when a fuel tanker exploded, killing several people and injuring others.
Unconfirmed report had it that over 20 people, who rushed to scoop fuel from the fallen tanker, were burnt to death, while others, including 10 persons, said to be on danger list in a mission hospital in the area, sustained various degrees of burns.

Police Arrest Over 100 Protesters Marching In Support Of Biafra

BZM members arrested after they declared independence & flew a Biafran flag.
At least 100 members of the Biafra Zionist Movement were arrested in Enugu today after they declared independence and raised a Biafran flag during a march in the state.

Wande Coal To Launch His Own Record Label "Black Diamond"

Wande Coal will in a couple of months unveil his own record label called BLACK DIAMOND. The label is already registered and has 2 artistes on it with their singles to be released in 2013. The record label, which is being managed by Wande’s manager Abbey Nana, has been Wande’s dream dream since his days at Mo’Hits before moving on with Don Jazzy as an established artiste under Mavin Records.

Exposed! Federal Government To Pay Boko Haram Sect Financial Compensation

The believe in certain quarters that the Nigerian government only pays attention to whatever a person or group of persons are saying when they carry arms against the state is about to play out again, following desperate efforts to end the killings by Boko Haram.

“For conditions that are not difficult to meet such as the demand for Diyya (financial compensation) for their 24 identified members that were killed, the government may meet such demands."

A very dependable source in the Presidency told Punch on Sunday that the Federal Government will give anything to the sect because it does not want to miss the opportunity for dialogue as offered by the sect’s second-in-command, Abu Mohammed Ibn Abdulaziz.

Vice President Namadi Sambo’s Chopper Renders 78-Yr-Old Woman, 4 Others Homeless

It was a double tragedy for a 78-year-old Mrs. Bessie Obi and four other occupants of a mud house when the wind generated by the helicopter carrying Vice President Namadi Sambo pulled down the house while landing.

The incident took place at Buanchor, a rural community in Boki Local Government Area of Cross River State, when the Vice President visited the area recently devastated by landslide from surrounding mountings, silting rivers and streams that led to widespread flood which rendered many homeless.

Gunmen kill Four In Borno, Burn LG Secretariat

Four people were killed on Friday evening in Damboa, a southern community in Borno State, in fresh attacks by suspected Boko Haram members.

Also, a local government secretariat and a fire service station in the community were burnt during the attacks.

The incident occurred barely four hours after the killing of 79-year-old civil war veteran, Gen. Mamman Shuwa, in Maiduguri.Gunmen suspected to be Boko Haram members were said to have launched coordinated attacks on Damboa Local Government Area secretariat, a fire station and about 20 houses with improvised explosive devices at the weekend, leading to the death of four people.

5 Killed, Over 100 Injured As Church Building Collapses During Sunday Service

FIVE persons were killed and over 100 others including children and a priest injured when a church collapsed in Nnewi, Anambra State yesterday [Nov. 4]. The incident occurred during the Sunday service.

The elderly wore sullen faces and the youth shouted on top of their voices amid pandemonium at the Ezinifite community, Nnewi South local government, after the incident. The St. Thomas the Aguiros Catholic Church that gave way was under construction.

Over 2000 worshipers were attending mass when the incident occurred. One of the dead, according to church sources was Mrs Okoye the woman leader of Ezinifite Improvement Union (Women President General).

Tanker explodes on Kano bridge

A tanker filled with petroleum products exploded on top of a major bridge in Kano at the weekend, setting ablaze a number of motorcycles near the scene of the incident.

Several persons within the vicinity of the accident escaped death by the whiskers, as they barely jumped to safer locations before the tanker, which had lost control on the bridge, burst into a fiery flame.

Eyewitnesses told Sunday Sun that the tanker, which was coming from Kano and probably going to Jigawa State, collided with a red Toyota Carina with registration number AA 624 TFB, and thereafter lost control, almost plunging from the bridge into the river.

20-Year-Old Houseboy Defiles Employer's 6-Year-Old Daughter!

The family of Mr. and Mrs. Michael Dopemu residents of Surulere, Lagos, southwest Nigeria, must be regretting their action when they employed a 20-year old boy, Obong Thompson as their houseboy.

Reason: Thompson recently defiled their six-year old girl while the parents were away to their offices.

How can any mother leave her 6 year old child alone with a houseboy? Continue reading...

PM News investigation revealed that while the girl’s parents were away at work, the houseboy allegedly grabbed his boss’ six-year old daughter (name withheld) pulled off her clothes and had carnal knowledge of her.

Sharia: 3 sisters in court for molesting 22-yr-old man

Yahanatu, one of the three
 sisters backing the camera
Three sisters of the same parents are currently before a sharia court in Gusau, Zamfara State, for allegedly molesting a 22-year-old man in the town during Ramadan.

The three ladies are currently before the Higher Sharia Court, New Market, accused of molest and assault of the man, Abdulrahman Suleiman, two months ago while the man was on duty at the state Ministry of Women Affairs.

The suspects, whose ages were between 19 and 23 years, were Yahanatu Ibrahim, Wasila Hassan and Rukkaya Hassan. The prosecutor informed the court that they were all residing in the Government Reserved Area (GRA) of Gusau metropolis.

When the case came up on Thursday, the judge adjourned it till November 13 to allow more witnesses to testify.


Please Like Us On facebook