Monday, August 14, 2017

GTBank reversed about ₦1Mln without my consent !




The financial hegemony (The Big Banks) is what is forcing most people to trying  an alternative form of banking with which they feel even much safer and have 100% control over their money. Many may have lost huge amount of money via this main stream bank which does anything it likes without being checked. GTbank has done it again. We managed to speak to a victim that was recently scammed off his money by this big bank.


See Excerpt bellow.



O= Omo Oodua

V= Victim



O: So what happened to your money, how did you manage to lose about 1million Naira ?


V: I'm still in shock at the moment. Initially the money was blocked from my balance but was showing in my book balance and I had access to to receiving and sending from my account until they finally restricted access to sending out but I was still able to receive but can't send out. I just woke up today to see unauthorized transfer of the money back to Wema bank. Something I did not officially inform GTbank to do.




O: How did it start, what were the steps you take the moment you found out the money was blocked from your Balance but appearing in Book balance ?


V: On the day I saw the money being blocked from my Balance, I called GTb customer care service. To find out what is going on with the money being blocked. At first they were hiding the information from me. They could not even tell me where the issue came from. I had to minus the balance from my Book Balance to find out it was one BTC transaction I did with someone online via a peer to peer website. After  I released the BTC to the buyer, then 2 days later the block came and I immediately figured it was from that transaction because it had the same figure with transaction that was successful. Then I kept on calling GTbank customer care just to inform them about the transaction.



 Later on, they put restriction on my account and I could not carry out any online transaction. When I called my account officer, I was told the restriction had nothing to do with the money being blocked and that I should call GTB customer care again. On calling GTB customer care, I was again directed to my account officer, just to remove the restriction because someone else's money was hanging in my account and I was already worried about the person's money cause I could not send out of the account.


Finally I was told to send my passport copy to my account officer which I did but could not help remove the restriction. My account officer was just to wrong person on earth. I called him over 100 times but he would not pick my calls. He did not revealed anything, about whatsoever to me. It hurts me so bad that I have been banking with GTB for over 13 years. All my transactions were mostly online because I reside abroad.



O: Is that all the step taken on your Side ?


V: No, that is not all. I sent my relative to meet with my account officer twice since he was incommunicado. The first time my relative met with him, explained everything to him and also got 3 different documents stamped by the court validating the transaction I had with the sender of this money to my account. So there is no way the sender could claim I did not deliver the amount of Cryptocurrency he bought from me. This is the easiest, fastest and cheapest way to get my heard earned money sent home. It's very simple, I buy bitcoins in my country of residence and I sell it back home in Nigeria. Having the feeling that I have full control over my money but it turns out that I was wrong and I got the shock of my life today.





My lawyer also wrote a letter to GTbank informing them about the transaction that was made online and gave the bank 14 days to remove the restriction placed on my account and have my account balance back showing full sum of money but sad the bank did the opposite. The account officer after calling him several times, refused to pick call but lawyer acknowledged that the bank has received the letter and will reply respectively.



O: Did your lawyer receive any reply from the Bank?

V: No, they did not write back but rather reversed the sum of money without my consent ignoring the court affidavit and the letter from my lawyer. Let me also add that, at some point when I called one Gtbank customer care, the person who picked my call seemed to be more open and told me that, I needed more than a court affidavit to have my account balance back to normal. I told my lawyer to get a court order but lawyer told me you must follow certain procedure to get a court order. Which the lawyer followed this procedures but no avail.





O: What is the Status of your account now, has GTbank removed  the restriction placed on it ?


V: The restriction is removed as we speak and I have managed to send back the money that was hanging in my account since the restriction was placed on my account. My money is being taken from my account as we speak while the restriction is removed like nothing happened but something big has happened. Imagine what it means losing close to 1million Naira in this hard time.



O: Honestly, this is a sad story and hopefully the financial institution could do things a bit differently so as to restore confidence and always be on the side of their customers, what would you do next or advice others to do in this situation ?


V: At this point, GTBank is just not the bank for anyone living in Diaspora,  they could try other banks but GTbank is not just it. If they ever find themselves in such a scenario, they could loss huge amount of money and that's it. On my side, it's not worth it spending huge amount of money to get a plane ticket back to Nigeria. To and fro is already half of the money. I have no choice other than to drag Gtbank to court for the loss of funds.

15 comments:

  1. The victim should thank his God he is not in nigeria. He will probably be in EFCC custody by now. The person that bought the criptocurrency from him probably stole money from somebody account and wired it to him. The person that owns the money reported the theft and the money was reversed. If you find out he knows nothing about the buyer. It is your responsibilty to do a KYC on your customer before accepting fund from them. If you accept fraudulent money into your account from unknown person you can go to jail. You dont need to sue the bank. If you know the person that bought from you sue him for charging back after you delivered but you must have evidence. If this guy doesnt know anything about thr buyer he better keep quiet and accept his loss in good fate and learn from it otherwise he can actually end up in jail for laundering stolen money

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No matter what, the Bank does not have any right to reverse money from its client without their consent. There are different cases I have read about. .. To reverse any money, you will need a court order and a court order takes a lot of time.

      Question, you need to ask is.. Did the victim receieve any letter from the court or the Bank ? Before going ahead to reverse money... This is not money laudering cos money is going into Nigeria but not out of Nigeria which i believe is a serious case of Money Laudering.

      Delete
  2. You dont even understand what money laundering is. Anyway, there is something called charge back all over the world. The person whose money was stolen illegally can charge back and the money will be reversed . It is left for you to claim the charge back was a fraud. This is a serious case. I know so many people in EFCC for something similar. By the time a good lawyer explain to your so called victim the implication he will just keep quiet. You think GTB with hundreds of lawyers wont know they need a court order before reversing ? Yahoo boys will break into peoples account and use it to buy bitcoin since it is almost anonymous. Now the person receiving the money is the only link for efcc to arrest the thief cos they dont even know what you bought. They just know somebody sent to you so you must know the person. They will get a freezing order within 48hrs from court and you cant know. The money will be frozen and reversed and you will be arrested. People spend months on similar cases. You better dont receive money from people you dont know while claiming the bank is the worst bank. Like i said, if hr doesnt know the buyer he better lie low. He has a serious case on his hands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Charge back is what is killing old financial hegemoney. Part of what has caused so many financial failure.. This is why most are now turning to Crypto Currency because the issue of Charge back is 100% solved particularly with Bicoins ok.

      When a stolen money is being transfered and bitcoins is release. EFFC should go to get the BTC rather than the money. Court according to what is written above has already stammed the transaction as valid, meaning the seller probably know the buyer or did the right thing.

      Where is the bTC now ?? If BTC cannot return to the seller and money is reversed from sellers account irrespective of whelther stolen or not.. Then investigaors should go further to finding out what has happened.. Usually there must be a trace back to the real buyer ok.


      You are saying all the money stolen from Political to buy big houses... You are saying the person they paid the money to, EFFC should go and reverse that money right ??

      No, what EFFC does in that case is step on the house they bought but not go for where money is sent to...

      If you are doing that to big thieves and you do another to smaller thieves and whayt soceity will you have at the end of the day.. ??

      That is my point..

      Delete
  3. It is just like you buying a stolen vehicle and you now say police need a court order before collecting it back. God help you and you now say you dont know the person that sold it. Abinitio they will arrest you for being an accessory to armed robbery. So if your client dont know the person that paid him the money, EFCC is already baiting him....let him come to nigeria to claim rubbish from the bank they will just get him arrested and ask him to produce the person that sent him the money. Take my advice. This is a serious case. They unfreezed that account so you can come back home and get arrested. A word is enough for the wise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you buy a stolen Car here.. The seller of the car is at fault and Police will go for the seller of the car ok. You are a victim here plus you would not buy a stolen car if you knew it was a stolen car would you ?? No..

      In a fair system or society, the seller of that car is the one at fault here but not the victim that paid for that car.. Also if you are using a car, Insurance should cover you, so when it becomes stolen they also pay a part of it so you will not bear the loss alone.. Ok



      You did not steal that car, you used your hard earned money to buy it ok. The person that stole the car should be arrested and return the money the victim paid ok and have the car returned to the Original owner.... Besides buying a stolen car is very easy to know these days. That has been resolved. This is Crypto currency.. Where is the BTC now ?


      Buyer here is a victim and the real owner of the car... Both are victims.. The person that stole the car is the real rogue here and will get maximum jail terms if he or she cannot return the money back to the owner....


      If you carried cash to Malam to buy Dollars... You have collected the dollars.. Now next they, EFFC found our that you stole that Cash ?? Will they go to the malam and collect the cash back ?? NO... They will collect the dollar he or she bought from the Malam..
      OK..

      Delete
    2. Cos above scenario made it clear that victim sent all the documents to the bank.. Got it even stamped at an high court that is was a valid transaction, the GTB did not tell her customer of over 13 years what is going on ??? when you have a client for more than 13 years, that is enough to even back that kind of client compared to a client you just met one month... GTB is at fault here and all the rubbish they do to others is all over the net.. look for it.
      GTB is not the bank at all.. very rude bank to start with..

      Delete
  4. And lastly, let me tell you why your family member you sent was not arrested. It was because you still had enough money to pay back from the account. You know most people wont pursue a case again once the money stolen is recovered. Assuming when your account was frozen no money was found there they would get your family you sent arrested. By now you are the one that will be begging you will pay back the money. I know you dont understand all these but believe me, that's the truth. They took your international passport to confirm you are not a fraudster for now but that doesnt absolve you for being an accessory to fraud. You received a stolen money and you cant even identify the sender of the money you still dey brag with lawyer. No be everything dem dey fight for court abeg. Next time know people before buying. Go to business section of nairaland you will understand how to trade crypto from abroad safely, join crypto groups with verifiable members. This is a common fraud you fell for so dont stretch your luck too far....you are lucky the money was reversed so the person whose money was stolen wont be mounting pressure on police or efcc so they will let you be. Trade safely next time

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is another colonial era massive ideology and it is false and not even according to the Nigerian constitution. They have no right, whatsoever to arrest anyone of your family members. That is against the right of that person. Only the colonial master do that and they still do it today in the U.S with their terrorist organization.

      When you have a good lawyer backing you, they have no right whatsoever to arrest the family member. Know your basic right today. Even if they tried to do so. Again they have no right whatsoever to arrest any of your family member trying to use that to get you.

      They only try that when they think you are from a very less educated back ground and they can easily manipulate you and no one will know. That is wrong again. Again I repeat 100% wrong. Even when it comes to a terrorist case, they have no right whatsoever. They can only invite you for questioning.

      When you have low class, or policemen from the street that does not understand what the law says. Then you will only have a failed society or a failed state. Know your basic right today

      Delete
    2. If you don't know anything you should keep quiet.
      @AnonymousAugust 29, 2017 at 11:05 PM
      Even your KYC rule and AML was started mainly in the U.S before Nigeria decided to follow its emperor master. According to you, KYC could not even have solved any issue here assuming the buyer is known to the seller. In BTC trade, money moves very fast usually from seller to re-seller and to end user.

      KYC rule was solemnly developed to try to control the cryto currency which the bankstars or those who already want to control us (The central bank) can never set foot hold of crypto currency. The simple truth is Crypto currency has no central control and will remain so for a long time. KYC could not even stop this kind of thing from happening and most exchangers cannot meet up with KYC rule even banks cannot do KYC or AML to all their clients. And through out history, banks are the biggest helper of laundering stolen money.

      So what is the issue. A fraud is done, who is the fraudster ? The receiver or the sender ? Go for the fraudster and nail he or she down. That is what happens in a just society. What right does GTB has to reverse money ? Who gave GTB the order to do so ?

      In Europe, the comment in the check would be order from so so so court, or according to order from the court. In the above screenshot, I can only see bank draft sent back to Wema. Who gave that order ?

      Delete
  5. Nowadays.....kidnappers will ask the family members to transfer money to your account and you wont know. You will send them bitcoin and they disappear. You innocently gave them thr account because they told you they want to buy bitcoin and they will send it to family members asking them to pay into it. After paying they collect bitcoin and run away. Few days later police will arrive at your door and get you arrested. Thank your God na only yahoo guy did this...if it were kidnappers your brother will be waiting for you in jail now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Again and I repeat they have no right to hold any of your family member that is not you. Know you basic right. I have read also the scenario before and in fact the kidnapper even killed the victim. This is a very serious case.

      The moment there is proof that you know nothing about the case, the justice system will let you go. As long as you are able to proof that you do not know anything about and you are just a victim as well as the kidnapper.

      Kidnapping now has gone to another level and the police surely know how to do their job. Let me remind you that any phone call those kidnapper made can now be traced and track down. ( I also read about a scenario where they will just ask ransom person on the street to quickly use their phone number, meanwhile they are calling the victim's family.. Now here I think the media needs to do a great job here advising people not to just answer anyone that comes on the street asking them to use their phone number.


      Most kidnapper are so less educated and as it is now, Crypto currency is very new. Almost 95% of Nigerian don't even know anything about it. Only the yahoo buys as you say know and they are just 0.001% of the Nigerian population.

      The issue of kidnapping is now gone to another Level. Is for the law enforcement to continue looking for ways to nab the real rogues just like they finally nabbed Evans, the lord of kidnappers recently.

      Delete
    2. victim as well as the kidnapper = victim as well as the kidnapped.

      Delete
    3. people like you will keep saying trash about what you dont know. If you notice the news did not generate the traffic you intended. you know why? people already know you are fighting a lost cause. somebody transfered money to my bank of america account from nigeria for a business. My account was suspended for well over a year. It took lawyers before i could reopen the account and i lost all the money inside while the person that deposited is no where to be found. If you receive fund from unknown source in America and the money is found not to be clean, your account will be restricted, you will lose the money and you may never be able to open account again. Find out and cure your ignorance. If you receive unknown fund in your paypal/skrill or neteller account, it will be closed and your money gone. I wish you and your client best of luck in court. However, i can assure by the time he hears the true story himself, he will run away.

      Delete
    4. There you go again. The king itself, the father of all scam in the World but big scam. I was expecting you to mention a normal or fair system but you really surprised me by mentioning U.S America. Of all the good countries in the world, you decided to mention America in Banking system? Lobatan, the most corrupt country in the world is America and I mean corruption in the use of power. Next time mention a country like Iceland or Switzerland or even Panama where the big thieves in the U.S hide their money.

      I am glad btc is finally taking over and I am happy it's increasing by the day. The issue of chargeback is solved via Crypto currency. No matter what, anywhere injustice is done, it's known as injustice and America is no exception to the rule. Plus the father of injustice and double standard in the world is U.S not only that but also the father of terrorist, name it is still the same U.S considering what U.S is or has done to hundreds of countries enforcing its lifestyle in form of democrazy (War+Dollar+Petrol-dollar in Nigeria..Long story, I don't have time to explain)

      Again, reversing money from your account without your consent or a court order is wrong and it does not matter where that is done or happened. It will only lead to one thing, loss of confidence in the Banking system. I am sad, you mentioned U.S.. Where everything is Hollywood style. The empire of lie, the Anglozoo , terrorist empire parading itself as a state ? The Neocons-Anglozionist-takfiri-mujadeen Empire of lie. Please don't open your mouth again when it comes to a just and fair system. Nigeria is even far ahead now when it comes to policing. The way they shoot and kill you in America is just too alarming as if it's normal thing. Please don't ever mention Yankee again.

      The traditional Banking system is 100% failure and see what happened in 2008. Recession !! Well, if you know what is good for you, get all your money in crypto currency because this coming economic failure will affect every major aspect in the U.S economy.

      Paypal is a dead CryptoCurrecy, you should not compare paypal to even normal Bank account. Nigeria uses token device to transfer money, 95% of money transferred in Nigeria via Bank account is a lot safer than in the U.S. That is a fact. So your money being stolen in Nigeria via Bank transfer is less likely. If you don't know anything, just keep quiet and stop acting with a 3rd world brain and continue living an oppressed life.

      I am happy BTC market capitalization is now far ahead of Paypal.

      Delete

ST

Please Like Us On facebook