Saturday, February 16, 2013

I asked Goldie to be controversial — Hubby




Andrew Harvey, the British husband of the late singer and ex-Big Brother Africa housemate, Goldie, has said he had no problems with his late wife’s lifestyle, adding that he even encouraged her to be controversial because it is “marketable.”
Andrew told SUNDAY PUNCH during an online interview that his marriage to the singer was a happy one and they had only recently decided to have children together.
Asked if he agreed with Goldie’s controversial behaviour at the BBA house, he  said, “We (Goldie and I) knew the pitfalls of the show and understood the game strategy. I think she did very well, I said ‘make controversy because people love it.’”
Andrew, who is an engineer and has been married to the deceased since 2005, said he decided to stay in the shadows because of the nature of his job.

He said he encouraged Goldie’s lifestyle and wanted her to be happy at all times, adding that he didn’t want to stop her from fulfilling her dreams.
Andrew said he and Goldie had dreams of growing old together and was sad that this was no longer possible.
“Goldie and I preferred this way (secrecy) because I did not want media attention because of my work.  I had no disagreement with her lifestyle and I encouraged her to follow her dreams. We often joked about being together like a pair of old slippers
“I did not want her to say ‘if only’ when we were wearing those slippers. That was why I encouraged her to live her dreams,” he said.
Andrew, who is an expatriate in Nigeria, denied reports in some quarters that his wife died as a result of substance abuse. He said Goldie had never been involved in hard drug.
Asked about their long-term goals  together, Andrew said Goldie’s demise was very painful because they had agreed last Christmas to have children together.
He said apart from their personal goals, they had planned to set up a charity organisation which would cater for the less privileged.
“We planned to set up a Non-governmental Organisation to help the less fortunate achieve their potential,” he said.

Punch Nigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook