Friday, April 18, 2014

Nigerian Man in the U.K Admits to stabbing his mum to death, guilty of manslaughter




Emmanuel Kalejaiye, the 21 year old Nigerian young man, who learned to walk in heels as part of his plans to kill his own mother, Tolu Kalejaiye, in September 2013, (read here) has been found guilty of manslaughter by a court in England.

According to the jury, Kalejaiye could not be found guilty of murder because to his mental state.
The Essex University undergraduate last year stabbed his 41 year old mother (pictured right) 40 times in her head, face, neck, upper limbs and hands during a frenzied knife attack. His mother until her death was an accountant with the Camden Council in England. Continue...

In his confessional statement, Emmanuel admitted to killing his mother saying she was driving him crazy with her religious stance and was using it to manipulate him.
"I admit killing my mother by stabbing her. I did this because she subjected me to a lifetime of physical and mental abuse. She used the Bible to rationalize what she did to me. I believe she manipulated and brainwashed me. I have been very depressed for a long time. I have tried to overcome it but I couldn’t take it anymore”.
According to investigations, after killing his mum, Emmanuel dressed up in female cloths and drove out of their apartment in a bid to fool his neighbor that his mother was the one driving out to work. His wounded mother, who didn't die immediately after the stabbing, managed to call a male friend who drove down to her apartment but met her corpse when he arrived.
Emmanuel was later caught on CCTV calmly buying a can of coke and a pack of cookies at a local post office before handing himself over to police.
Judge Christopher Ball QC who ruled over the case asked that a full psychiatric examination be conducted on Emmanuel. He fixed the date for his sentencing to June 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook