Saturday, December 21, 2013

I'm Not A thief , I Only Give Robbers Info – 28-Year-Old Man Opens up




A 28-year-old person, Nonso Egbuzobi, who had been caught by agents of Unique Anti-Robbery Squad within a robbery operation in Lagos State, has pleaded with the authorities to release  him, stating he was only an informant and not really a member of any robbery gang. Police authorities had claimed Egbuzobi and three others were element of a group that killed three policemen during an ATM robbery at an Entry Bank branch in Ayobo, Ipaja part of their state on Nov 20, 2013.

“Like I said, I did not rob, I only gave the robbers information that they needed. I am a responsible man and even a footballer at Lagos State University, it was poverty that pushed me to become armed robbers’ informant,” Nonso cries.After the Ipaja robbery, SARS men led by the officer in charge, SP Abba Kyari, commenced investigations. It was learnt that the suspect was arrested with one Ak-47 rifle while attempting to rob a house at Ilasamaja area of Lagos.But Nonso claimed that,
“Some weeks ago, I was at a snooker joint around Lagos State University when a man approached me saying he had a target that we could rob at Ilasamaja. I told him I was not a robber, but I knew people who were capable.
 "I approached one armed robber known as Fine Money and I connected him with the person that gave me information. On December 4, 2013, Fine Money picked me up in a jeep around Mile 2 and I led him and two other guys to the house at Ilasamaja. We were told that the victim had N10m in his house.
“They all had guns, but I decided that I would remain in the car. However, before they could come down, policemen started shooting at us and everyone in the vehicle died except me because I hid on the floor of the car."
Commissioner of Police, Umar Manko, said when he received information about the robbery, he ordered his men to foil the attempt and the policemen engaged the robbers in a gun duel during which two robbers, Daniel Onuoha, and Eyo Bassey, a dismissed soldier, were killed.He said a police walkie-talkie was also recovered adding that it was with the aid of the walkie-talkie that the robbers were able to monitor police movement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook