Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"I Hate Being Called A Yoruba Actress" - Binta Ayo Mogaji (a.k.a Igbanladogi)




Binta Ayo Mogaji is one of the several actresses who need no former introduction in Nigeria's movie industry. The actress who's lovingly known as Igbanladogi, a name she got from her role in Late Toba Opaleye's hit movie entitled ‘IGBALADOGI'years back, in a meeting speaks about
her career and other sundry issues.
Continue


What have you been up to lately?
My acting is still moving on. I am still the same old Ayo Mogaji. I am still working and not yet tired. After my movie “Jombo” in 2006, I have not produced any other movie. I have stopped producing because the market is not encouraging, so I am just a working actress. If you can pay for my job, I work with you. I just returned back to the country. I am moving in and out of Nigeria by virtue of marriage. My husband is British and it seems like everyone knows about that. He’s Dr. Ayodele Oduleye, a psychotherapist and British by birth. He lives there. I just came back from USA where I went to anchor a show.


You went off the scene at a time, why?
There was never a time I went off the scene. The only issue was I decided to limit some of my activities, because I can’t get lesser pay or do anything substandard. This is the only career I have got so if you are under paying me or not being reasonable with your offer, I move out of your job. I didn’t go anywhere; I was still in the country, I was still working. As we are talking right now, this year they have released several such as “Igba’bajo,” “Towotomo,” “Moberu,” Arinzo 1&2. Just at the tail end of last year, they released “Moberu.” While I was in the US, they released a couple of movies like “Mama Insurance.” So there has never been one time I rested on my oars. I also featured in soap operas like “Tarima.” I also used to do “Nowhere to be Found.” What I’m saying is that even when I am not in the country, you see me on your TV screen every now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook