Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Woman arraigned in Lagos court for jilting lover



43-year-old events planner Omolola Shittu (pictured right), has been dragged before a Magistrate court in Lagos state for allegedly jilting and stealing from her 55 year old ex-lover, Prince Hilary Unachukwu.

According to Vabguard, Omolola, who was charged alongside one Raphael Oge, 51, on a three-count charge bothering on stealing and threat to life of her ex-lover, pleaded not guilty in court and was remanded in prison custody till she meets her bail conditions.
 Continue...


According to the charge, Omolola and her accomplice conspired to steal a Honda Accord End of Discussion saloon car valued at N1.6 million. While giving her own account of what transpired between herself and her ex, Omotola denied claims of stealing from him, saying that she is just being victimized because she terminated her affair with Unachukwu. What she said below...

"I never knew it was a crime to date someone older. I have been in this relationship since August 2012 and it has been hell. Any time I tell him I do not want to continue with the relationship, he would threaten me. It was my attempt to terminate the love affair with Unachukwu that led to my being charged to court for stealing a car he bought for me as Valentine’s gift and property acquired during the relationship. On Valentine’s day last year, he bought me a Honda Accord End of Discussion saloon car as a gift. I was in his house at 8, Ojora Road, Ikoyi, Lagos when he presented the car to me. However, since then he had abused me severally. Actually, the 2nd defendant (Oge) who brought the car to the house is now being accused of conspiring with me to steal it because he refused to write another receipt in Unachukwu’s name, since a receipt was issued initially in my name before the break-up of the relationship. I was arrested by policemen from Zone II on June 20, 2014 and I had to spend three nights before they took me to Igbosere magistrate’s court. I was later taken to Kirikiri Prison on August 11, 2014. The first day I arrived Kirikiri Prison, waiting for my bail bond to be perfected, a prison warder scraped my hair, took me to somewhere to pack faeces, and later gave me prison uniform in which they took my photograph. Prince Hilary said until he saw me go to jail, he would keep bringing different charges against me. He said he would make sure that he spends everything he has to see me go to jail. He said there was no police in this country that could arrest him because they are all his boys. Now, I do not know what to do. There was one time he threatened me and my younger sister with a gun. He has been calling and sending threatening messages that except he is not Hilary Unachukwu, that is when I will survive. But if that is his name, I will never survive. My life and my child’s life are at stake.” she said
The case has been adjourned to September 8th.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook