Wednesday, September 10, 2014

British Man who got contaminated with Ebola Virus in Sierra Leone plans to return there



William Pooley, the 29 year old British nurse who recently got treated of the Ebola virus which he contracted while working as a voluntaeer nurse in Sierra Leone, says he plans to get back to the nation to carry on working there and help other victims. Addressing UK Guardian, Pooley said;
"While I'm happy to be recovered and alive, there's a lot of stuff on my mind with what's going on back there. It would be relatively safe for me to go back and work there, and it's really the least I could do having received all this amazing care and have people look after me and potentially save my life. It's the least I could do to go back and return the favour to some other people, even just for a little while. The more help they get, the less chance there is they get sick.” he said. Continue...
His mother, Jackie, also supports his wish to head back to Sierra Leone
“We would want him to go back, not as an individual but with an organization of some kind so he's got the backing. Obviously in a way we don't want [him] to, but I can see I would feel very proud of him if he decided he was going to, because he knows what it is going to be like,” she said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook