Friday, July 11, 2014

This video will melt Your heart: 2-year-old amputee walking for the first time



It’s crazy how we take things like walking for granted. Every morning we wake up, place our two feet on the floor and head to our destination without thinking of the hundreds and thousands of steps we’ll be taking that day. It’s not until we come across stories like little Kayden Elijah Kinckle’s plight that we realize how blessed we really are.

This  viral video of 2-year-old boy amputee Kayden Elijah Kinckle walking for the first time will not only only melt your heart but make you cry.

Kayden is a beautiful 2-year-old boy who was born with Omphalocele, a rare birth defect which caused him to be born with his organs outside of his body.
That was unfortunately not the only challenge, while in his mother’s womb, his feet was tangled on the umbilical cord and pinned under his mother’s pelvic bone.
Kayden was born with a deformity and had to undergo surgery to amputate his legs in January.
Now Kayden is learning how to walk with prosthetics.

His mom shared this emotional video of her 2-year-old taking his first steps with the help of a walker a few days ago. In the tear-jerking clip, Kayden nearly falls while still getting used to his prosthetics. But the little champion powers through, repeating “I got it! I got it!” as he carefully walks down the hall.
It’s moments like this that makes us appreciative of the simple things of life – like walking.
You can watch video (HERE) and read his mum's heart touching story below:

My name is Nikki and this is my video that i shared of my 2 year old son named Kayden. He was born with an omphalocele; the doctors stated he would not survive and suggested I terminate my pregnancy, even the ultra sound techs agreed saying that he would either be still born or wouldn’t make it through the repair surgery. I still continued with the pregnancy even though I was warned against it and told that my son wouldn’t walk and would have many problems; "but" "God said everything would be alright" I delivered early so the omphalocele wasn’t as big as predicted, his spine and hip bones were fine and mentally there were no issues.
Kayden Elijah (1)

 So my husband and I stepped out on faith and even though his right foot and left leg were amputated, he now has prosthetics and is learning to walk. This video is really more than 1st steps...we celebrate his life as well and every step he takes will be to glorify GGod. We want the whole world to know his testimony!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook