Wednesday, May 7, 2014

#BringBackOurGirls - poem: O GOD, help me please, I am turning into a Tribalist. (Think Mode Activated)




The man won an election, I was bitter, sad and feared for the worse,
 never rated him highly, didnt vote for him, wouldn't have,
 yet he is my next-door neighbor.
 Maybe I should have wished him well then, I didnt,

Fuel subsidy came, the masses revolted, I joined,
 we insulted, rubbished, demonstrated,
 burnt tires, people lost lives, I was happy, we won, he lost.
 Time to correct the ills of the society.
 Maybe I should cut him some slack, no not now.


Dont blame me, I always saw myself a nationalist, believed in one Nigeria,
 loved the different dialect,
 speaks uhrobo, and ibo and understands a little bit of Youruba.
 Hausa, never had the chance to learn.
 Past presidents joined, traded insults, we all joined, called him names.
 Shoe-less, clueless, headless, brainless, everything less. I was happy, we are winning, he is losing.
 Maybe it is time to cut him some slack, no way.

Money missing, reduced to 20 Million, more people screamed, i joined, he denied knowledge, we didnt care,
 this government is crazy, rogues everywhere, at times without proof,
 Cut him some slack jare, let him do his work, na lie we no gree.

Bombs everywhere, boko boys are angry, North clamoring, it is their turn,
 alliances everywhere, Islamist threatening, military is weary. everyone criticizing him, wow what a tenure.
 How can someone perform under this pressure, No matter how wrong someone is,
 there is an extent you would push him to and you would be in the wrong.
 It is definitely time to cut him some slack, haba no be only him cause all our problem.

Over 200 girls missing, and we are still blaming him, even with boko boys video evidence,
 past president criticizing him for their own folly, things they couldn't do,
 His wife screaming on telly, crying, we are happy, clowning them, yet our daughters are no where to be found.
 Now definitely. is not the time to torment the president with unnecessary distraction, everybody should join hands, no more blame game,
 Boko haram is a scourge we must put to bed.
 This little girls must be found or else I might just be tempted to believe the conspiracy theory. You Know am now, why you dey pretend?
 I mean the theory that unless the presidency goes back to the north there would be total wahala for whoever occupies the rock
 O GOD, help me please, I am turning into a Tribalist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook