Friday, January 24, 2014

Michael Essien on a free transfer To AC Milan From Chelsea



AC Milan have confirmed that they have signed Michael Essien from Chelsea on a free transfer. The Ghanaian midfielder, has spent most of this season on the bench, as Jose Mourinho prefers Frank Lampard, Mikel Obi and Ramires in central midfield and has decided to move to Italy, to stay fit for the 2014 World Cup.

Essien expressed his delight at playing under the Rossoneri new manager, Clarence Seedorf and revealed that the Dutchman played a crucial role in bringing him to the Serie A.


“I can’t wait to play for Milan,” Essien told reporters after landing in Italy on Friday. “Kaka and Balotelli are great players.“I joined Milan because of Seedorf. I spoke with him two days ago. Seedorf is a great man and I hope that he will also become a great manager.
“I’m happy to be at Milan. They’re a great club. l will do my best for them. “I want to thank [Chelsea chairman] Roman Abramovich, the squad and Mourinho, who gave me the chance to join Milan.”

Essien, who is eligible to play in the Champions League, becomes the third free arrival at the San Siro, after Keisuke Honda and Adil Rami joined from CSKA Moscow and Valencia respectively.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook