Monday, December 2, 2013

Oshiomhole: The Widow he Insulted, Offers her ₦2m and Beverages Tea With Her.



Governor Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State on Monday met with the widow he insulted in a significant road in their state while on an examination tour and donated two million naira to her, after an apology:
"Let me apologise to you for the way I spoke to you, I am very sorry about the statement. I have also realised that even in anger, one could still achieve the same result that he set out to without provocative outburst. I apologise from the bottom of my heart.".
Continue after the break.


The widow, Mrs Joy Ifije, who had been invited to the Edo Government House by the governor, was also offered automatic employment by Governor Oshiomhole to take her off the street. She was so happy...
Oshiomhole had invited the widow to personally apologise to her over his uncomplimentary remark which had generated controversies in both the conventional and social media in since last week.

Oshiomhole's action has frustrated the PDP in Edo State that were trying to play politics with the matter.
The governor used the opportunity to advise against risking their lives to trade on high ways. He said trading on the highway and walk ways could hinder free flow of traffic in addition to cause accidents.

He added that his government will continue to alter the face of their state with infrastructural development.
On her behalf , the widow, Mrs Joy Ifije, pleaded with the governor to forgive her for flaunting what the law says of their state and promised to do better next time.
She said: "I know I was wrong, that was why I quickly knelt down to beg when I realised I was face to face with the Governor."
Funny enough, the widow promised to greatly help government advise other women not to trade on the road side.


No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook