Thursday, November 28, 2013

Amaechi Opens up On Why He Dumped PDP , says "the position I took is for the good of our democracy"




Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi has claimed that he joined the All Gradual Progressive Congress in order to protect the folks of his state. Bellow is what he said after G-7 meeting with the APC Party.
“Yes, we have joined APC after the meeting we had with Buhari, Tinubu and the interim Chairman of APC. The governors met on Monday and decided that we must meet with the APC leadership.
“When we met with the APC leadership, it was important we took a position and the position we took is for the good of our democracy and to ensure that Nigeria moves forward.
“Rivers State must know that for me to have taken that decision, I had looked at the general interests of Rivers people. I was not elected to lead Nigeria; I was elected to lead Rivers State and I had looked at the interests of Rivers people and have seen that these interests were not protected in PDP.
“I have seen the fact that we are losing our oil wells in Etche, in the Kalabari areas and that the more they continue to pilfer these oil wells, the more we will continue to lose our wealth.”

He, however, pointed out that despite his defection to the APC, he still held the President in high esteem and had no personal quarrel with him.
He said,
“The President and I have no personal quarrel. It is important we put that in perspective. All the issues were issues that affect Rivers people, they were issues that affect Nigerians and I am a Nigerian, I have to address those issues.

“He is my President and I respect him. I respect his office, respect him as a person and respect the fact that he is older, but then as an elected governor of Rivers State, I have the responsibility to lead Rivers State.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook