Sunday, October 7, 2012

Lead City University student, others arrested for internet scam, robbery



Lead City University student, others arrested for internet scam, robbery
SUSPECTED bank robbers and a fraudster, Nurudeen Oyeniyi, were on Thursday paraded by the Oyo State Police command.
Twenty-three year Oyeniyi, a 300-level Mass Communication student of Lead City University, Ibadan, was arrested for allegedly defrauding some foreigners of millions of dollars.
The suspect, who confirmed his involvement in Internet fraud, told the police that he got into the business two years ago.
He also accepted to have swindled two women of huge sums of money.
He said, “I am involved in yahoo business (Internet fraud). I had duped some women living in the United States of various sums of money.
“I was arrested by the police as a suspected armed robber but I told them that my mother owned the car (Range Rover Sport) that they saw me with.
“My mum is a doctor and my dad a retiree.
“I got into the internet fraud business one year ago. The first deal fetched me $17m while the second fetched me $25,000.”
The police also paraded one Kingsley Aniankan, a house keeper, who allegedly robbed the wife of his former employer.
Aniankan, who was sacked by his employer for questionable character, later attacked their residence and stole jewelry and laptop.
The police said Aniankan sold the stolen items to one Alhaji Umaru Haruna in Ibadan.
Also, corpse of one of the suspected robbers, who reportedly attacked a first generation bank in Iseyin on Wednesday, was displayed by the police.
Meanwhile, the Commissioner of Police in the state, Mr. Joseph Mbu, said the stolen gold was valued at N25m.
The suspect, who the police chief claimed sold the gold for N13m, said he used the remaining sum to build a house at Aba Pan, Oluyole Extension and to buy a Bora Volkswagen car.
He said, “The receiver confirmed that he knows Kingsley and that he used to buy gold from him. Investigation shows that he had bought about N9m worth of gold from the suspect.”

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook