Tuesday, October 23, 2012

AWC: Nkwocha sets 15-goal target



Perpetua Nkwocha Perpetua Nkwocha
| credits: File copy
Super Falcons striker, Perpetua Nkwocha, has set a target of 15 goals for the upcoming African Women’s Championship in Equatorial Guinea.
The tournament is slated for Equatorial Guinea from October 28 to November 11, 2012, and will see eight teams vying for the top African women football title.


Nkwocha scored 11 goals in the last edition held in South Africa, helping the Falcons to a record sixth title.
“As a striker, I always want to score goals. My focus is on scoring for my team. Last time (in South Africa) I ended up with 11 goals. I have to top that in Equatorial Guinea,” the Sunnana SK of Sweden forward said.


“My target is 15 goals. I have been training and practicing hard for this tournament and I believe I will score loads of goals for my country.”
The four-time African Women’s Player of the Year recalled her disappointment at finishing with 19 goals for Sunnana SK – a performance that helped the division-two side gain promotion to the top division.


“In my club in Sweden, I scored 22 goals in 20 games last season. This season I only scored 19 goals for my club. That was not good enough for me,” she said.
“I should have scored more than 22. I have to improve every year and that is exactly what I plan to do in the AWC. I have to score more than the 11 I got in 2010.”
She added, “If I don’t get the goals, I will be happy for someone in the team to get the goals while I get the assists. The important thing is to win our games and retain the title. We play as a team, we score as a team and we win as a team.”


The 36-year-old striker will lead the Falcons attack in Equatorial Guinea as the team aim to win the title for the seventh time.
The Falcons will play their first match against Cameroon on Monday.
<!--[if IE 6]> <![endif]


More Stories in Sports




-->
Source : punchng[dot]com

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook