Tuesday, August 26, 2014

8ft 4 inches, World's 'tallest man', Leonid Stadnyk, dies aged 44



 Leonid Stadnyk, considered to be the world's tallest man at 8ft 4 inches has died. He was just 44. The peasant farmer from the Ukrainian village of Podoliantsy, died on Sunday August 24th from the brain haemorrhage after health problems.

In his last interview, Leonid, who wears a  talked on how his height was a curse, why he refused to be measured by the Guinness Book of World Records and also why he refused to get married 

"To me, my height is a curse, a punishment from God, not something to celebrate. What sin I have committed, I do not know. All my life I have dreamed of being just like everyone else. I don't want or need the fame that this would bring so I have no desire to be in this Guinness book.
"I never got married because I don't want to inflict my problems on a wife. I think it would not be fair on her" he said.
At one point, his condition, called giganticism, left him growing at the rate of roughly a foot every 3 years. His feet measured 18 inches in length while his palms were more than a foot in diameter

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook