Sunday, March 30, 2014

"They beat some to death", Says Nafiu, victim



What is your name?
Nafiu Shittu
Where do you come from?
I am from Isale-Osun, Osogbo. I live in the Foko area of Ibadan city.
Are you married?

No.
 When and how were you kidnapped?
I was kidnapped seven months ago in Ibadan. Some men dragged me into a vehicle. I only remember that I later saw myself chained to the wall in a room. I was held there all alone.
What were you eating in the forest?
I was rarely fed. There were two men who brought food every four days. It was food meant for sacrifice – rice and palm oil. But I couldn’t eat the food, so I drank only water.
Can you describe the people who held you?
The men were hefty and were always smoking in the place. I remember there were two of them. I don’t remember ever seeing a woman among them. On the day we were rescued, there was a lot of noise coming from outside. Before I knew it, some youths broke in, freed me and others who had been held captive.
Do you recall seeing other people there?
Yes. I was not the only one in the place. Everyday, they brought new people there and beat them.  I heard cries from other rooms daily. I don’t know if they were killed later, but I often saw dead bodies taken out.
Where were you kept and how was the condition of the place?
I was kept in a small room without a roof. I was isolated. I was chained throughout the duration I was held captive. And whenever it rained, it drenched me.  There were many rooms there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook