Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Obesere Rape: “As I speak with you, I am still going through pains. After the bleeding stopped" - Victim



The 29-year-old businesswoman, Olanike Olaiya, who was allegedly raped by popular Fuji musician, Alhaji Abass Akande, aka Obesere, has cried out one more time, calling on police authorities not to allow her matter with Obesere to be swept under the carpet so that she will not die. According to the lady who spoke with Vanguard yesterday, Obesere’s insertion of his ring in her private part, leading to bleeding and pain, may not be unconnected with ritual activities. She refuted allegations made by Obesere claiming they were lovers and that she wanted to use the rape saga to blackmail and extort money from him. 


The graduate of Ibadan Polytechnic also said she was not impressed by the way the case was being handled at the State Criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, Lagos. She accused the Investigating Police Officer, simply known as Jacob, of wanting to frustrate the investigation in favour of Obesere. 
Olaiya told Vanguard:

“I knew him barely two weeks ago and we were talking business. But he raped me on our first meeting in his house. Like I told you earlier, I met him through a friend who is much older than me — she is over 49 year old— and she told me that Obesere helped her in her business and he could do same for me. She was the one who arranged the meeting at Obesere’s house, but Obesere made me wait for at least five hours until it became late for me to go after the meeting.


Even when I insisted, he refused to let me go claiming his area was not safe and that everybody knew I was in his house. I slept over, but not in his room. He raped me and inserted a ring in my private part. I wouldn’t have gone to the Police if it was just the rape because it was my fault. As an adult, I should have known the danger of passing the night in a stranger’s house.


“Why I went to Police”
“I went to the police because I was bleeding and when I informed him about it, he didn’t take me seriously. He asked me to go to a private hospital in Ejigbo. But when I got there, the doctor did not even touch or examine me in any way. He just asked that I go for a scan, which is not done in that hospital. I left the hospital in pain and I reported the matter to the police. I wanted the police to be aware of what happened and prosecute him for forcefully having sex with me against my wish.


I also have to clarify the issue of wanting to blackmail him. From the beginning, I rejected all the money he offered me as settlement. You can ask the DPO at Isolo. He is aware that I rejected all the money he offered me. All I wanted was for him to be prosecuted for taking advantage of me because I slept in his house.“Also, I wanted him to explain to the Police why he inserted a ring into my private part that made bleed for two weeks and possibly reverse any ritual step he may have taken.
Alleges conspiracy


“As I speak with you, I am still going through pains. After the bleeding stopped, I have continued to have problems with my reproductive organs. That was why I went to the police, I wanted them to investigate and prosecute him. But what I am getting from the IPO is terrible. He is trying to destroy the case and set Obesere free at the expense of my life and dignity. He discarded the medical report from the General Hospital and he upheld that of Obesere’s private hospital, saying their report was the correct one. As I speak with you I am not feeling well at all.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook