Sunday, December 8, 2013

What A Director Did To Me At A Movie Location – Actress Laitan Ogungbile




Laitan Ogungbile, usually known as Suga, is really a fast-rising yoruba actress and in an appointment with the Nigerian Tribune, She talks with Stephen Gbadamosi about her rising career.

Read excerpts from the Interview below:
Continue after the break.
It is believed that in the Nigerian movie industry, when you are
out on location, many things happen like exchange of sex for roles. How would you react to this?
To me, it’s not a do-or-die affair. If anybody believes he has to sleep with you before giving you a role, you have the right to accept or reject such offer. I have gone through many experiences but I have never experienced such. If I like you, fine, I can date you.

You talked about going through many experiences, how did you handle such situations?
Like the one that happened a long time ago, though it was an English-speaking movie, I met with the woman who was to act as my mother while Kola Oyewo was to be my father. At the last stage of the movie, people really appreciated me for the way I interpreted the role, they were so excited about my talent but suddenly, the director of the movie came and demanded for sex. I cried and called Uncle Muyiwa Ademola, he told me to be calm and prayerful. I told Ayo Adesanya and Sunny Alli too. Initially, I thought it was a joke because we had almost concluded the movie and in fact, the costumier had called me to come for the last costume of the last set, but to my astonishment, the director was very resolute about his devilish plans and insisted that if couldn’t sleep with him, I should go home.

How much will you take if you are asked to go naked in a movie?

That thought has never crossed my mind for a day. The truth is that no matter the price, I can never do such. I can never expose myself because of money. That’s outrageous. I am not desperate.

Why can’t you do it?
I’m from a well-cultured home where such an act is highly condemnable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook