Friday, January 10, 2014

President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan OKs Release of 165 Boko Haram Suspects

President Goodluck Jonathan has ordered the release of a fresh batch of over 165 persons apprehended by security agencies in connection with the attack on Boko Haram terrorism in the North East States of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States.
A statement signed by Major General Chris Olukolade, Director of Defence Information said, "Over 165 persons apprehended in the course of military operations on terror in three states in the North-East are to be released from custody in compliance with Presidential directive".

"The suspects are those earlier recommended for release by the Joint Investigation Team, (JIT) set up by the Defence Headquarters last year".
"Of the number, 157 are from facilities in Borno, 9 from Yobe and one suspect from Adamawa".
Olukolade recalled that other detainees, particularly women and children have benefited from similar gestures which started in May last year.
"More suspects in this category are also to benefit in the present exercise" he said.
"The suspects will be released to their respective state governments".

No comments:

Post a Comment

ST

Please Like Us On facebook